The Affordable Care Act has done tremendous good for millions of people by eliminating horrors like pre-existing condition exclusions and lifetime caps on treatment cost. The Republicans in Congress are planning to repeal the ACA, dooming 27,000 people annually to their deaths.
Force your Congressional leaders to confront the real people they are trying to kill by sending them a postcard of your beautiful self, explaining why the ACA is necessary for you.
Here’s how to do it.
- Take a selfie!
- Choose a postcard printing and mailing service! I like Touchnote, which you can get from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, or in your browser. Other options are MyPostcard, Cards in the Post, and Postcardly.
- Upload the selfie you took as the image on a postcard.
- On your postcard’s message, write about why the ACA is important to you. This is a great place to say you support expanding it to include a single-payer universal coverage option!
- Sign up for an account to add the mailing addresses for your senators and representative. (Find the mailing address for your senators and representative by entering your zipcode at http://whoismyrepresentative.com/ )
- Select the addresses for your senators and representative as the addresses to send your postcard to.
- Pay for your postcard and you’re all done! Touchnote (or the other postcard service of your choice) will print and mail it for you!
If you don’t have the scratch to send a couple postcards, drop me a line! I have 60 Touchnote credits I would be happy to use to support the ACA.