It’s been a long time since I posted a meal plan.
- Sunday: Roast chicken of some ilk (either beer can or spatchcooked) with roasted potatoes and carrots, and this pear, blue cheese, and arugula salad. Only apparently I’ll be making that with pecans, since I used all the walnuts in the granola I made yesterday.
- Monday: Beets with greens, chickpeas and quinoa. Something like this recipe, but with kale since the farmer’s market beets didn’t come with greens.
- Tuesday: Quinoa corn bread with black eyes peas and kale. (Collards are probably traditional here, but I’m not super keen on them.)
- Wednesday (Christmas): Sweet potato and ricotta blintzes with cranberry syrup (from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook). Dinner: this sesame-ginger grilled chicken salad, only with red cabbage instead of Napa, because that’s what I’ve got in the kitchen.
- Thursday: Squash macaroni and cheese with apples and onions and bacon, but with full fat cheeses, because that’s what’s in my fridge. It may be accompanied by a re-run of the pear/walnut/arugula salad.
- Friday: Tofu with wilted greens on noodles (but with soba instead of ramen, because I have no ramen)
- Saturday: Black bean skillet with avocado and tomatoes
I am pleased at the inclusion of two vegan nights (Friday and Saturday, unless the black bean skillet is topped with yogurt). There would be four vegetarian nights instead of three, but I will probably end up adding bacon to the black eyed peas and kale. I will probably have to move the black bean skillet up in the week, as the avocados that came with the grocery order are ready to be eaten basically immediately.